|How to install star desktop
Download install source archive on the left menu in your /home/USER folder.
star desktop require gambas3 package from your repository.
star destop require openbox or sawfish window manager.
uncompress downloaded install archive in your /home/USER folder. one install folder will be created(it's a gambas 3 project)
When gambas3 package installed, open gambas 3 IDE and open this install project as this :
Click on the play button or execute program.File -> open project -> choose install project.
This install program start. Click on Begin button.
All steps bellow will be done automaticaly:
- check if gambas3 package present
- check if openbox present
- create and copy /home/USER/.config/star folder and all configuration files
- create and copy /home/USER/star folder and some subdirectories
- compile all gambas applications for the star desktop and create symbolic links to apps and preferences folders in star folder.
- add autostart entry in openbox config file.
When process is finished, you can close gambas3 IDE and logout.
You can login with openbox session.
If you don't have desktop, open one terminal and launch these two applications (in yellow):
/home/USER$ cd star
/home/USER/star$ cd apps
|star desktop project documentation for the
star desktop environment - January 2022 -